Twins, Vikes and Wolves

Monday, January 02, 2006

Mike and me in the soup line.

As of Friday at 3:30 p.m. I have been standing in line for soup. You know, the pink kind. The State of Minnesota, run by Govonor Pawlenty, the privatization guru, finally put the grain inspection division of the department of Agriculture out of business. After about 109 years of testing grain and insuring that terrorists were not tinkering with the Wheaties that you may be eating, the Wonderbread you spread your peanut butter on, and the Tofu in your veggieburger, the plug was pulled. Oh, I only gave up 10 years there, but they were in my prime years. Now as I approach 50, where do I hook up with another gig. Wait a Minute!!!!!!

I don't have it so bad. The guy standing behind me is about 6 foot 8 inches, and he is obviously out of a job also. I bet I don't have near the feed bag bill that he does. I don't need near the fabric he does for clothes. And I don't need to fork out excess cash for a pencil like he has on the top of his ear. Wait a Minute!!!!!!

It's Mike Tice. Here I am rubbing elbows with Mike in the soup line. Go figure. Who would have thunk that we would both get the slip 2 days apart. Wait a minute!!!!!!!

Twins, Vikes and Wolves are all in disarray. Me and Mike, well, life stinks.